Saturday 9 April 2011

I am grateful for the sea, and waves, and sea spray carried by the wind. The wind rips the top of the waves. I love to watch surfers catching a wave. Cornwall is the surf capital of the UK and any beach you visit, if there is surf, there will be a surfer. I love the different colours and moods of the sea. I love it's slow erosion of the coast, creating beautiful structures. I love the way you can trace history in what it exposes and what it leaves behind, wave cut platforms and bare rock, ancient wood, fossilized. I love that the waves take all and smooth it, from glass to the little piece of an ancient tree I picked up today. I love the way light shimmers on the sea. I am filled with wonder as I wonder why the sea is different colours in different places...... I dream of the world beneath the waves. Yes, I am grateful for the sea, and even more grateful I can see it's beauty. And feel, smell, hear and even taste it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment